Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Not-So-Audrey Reality

This is not my day for firsts. This is not my first time starting a job(just began as a Marketing Assistant at Cleveland Magazine), this is not my first time starting a blog(I had one when I lived in Spain and briefly this summer), and this is not my first time catching myself wishing I lived in an Audrey Hepburn-ish reality.


The first two non-firsts are sure to be maintained...the last can hardly be remedied. I find myself watching her movies, reading her quotes, and emulating her style and I can't help but think that her life was graceful, elegant, and refined. A very glamourous, yet unrealistic expectation for my own. And while I have complete admiration for his as an individual, an icon, and an actress, my own life is much more colorful. Nearly everyday is filled with misadventures and silly mistakes ranging from simple trips, to hair-dying catastrophes.


But I couldn't be happier! I love the unexpected twists and turns my daily life takes, and I love that I can laugh at them, and more importantly, myself!


Therefore, I bid an Audrey-like existence farewell in lieu of my own. Crazy. Beautiful. Wonderful. Horrible. Exciting. Me.


I live by her words of wisdom: I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. 


For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.


But more importantly, by these: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.  When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
~Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment