Friday, December 9, 2011

She Did It!


I love my little sister for a million and one reasons.

She is caring and kind. She is thoughtful and she is generous. She is loyal and she is hard-working. She knows how to make me laugh, or put me in my place, or push me to be my best, or simply love me no matter what. She is a beautiful person, and a very strong woman. Two of the most admirable qualities to me about Abbie, however, are her perseverance and determination.

She does not give up.

Many people probably don’t know that when Abbie was in 5th grade, she had to write a report for school. A story about her life. Included was her family, her faith, her activities, and what she wanted to do with her future. In this report, Abbie said that she wanted to attend the University of Texas at Austin, and swim for them…one of the best programs in the country.

And she did!

She set her mind to her goal, and did not quit until it was achieved. I am so proud of Abbie! She has persevered through so much, she has never given up, and she has always followed her heart.


I can truly say that one of God’s greatest gifts to me has been Abbie, and I will never stop being amazed by her! She is such a role model to me, and though she is my younger sister, I look up to her so much.





I love you, Baby Bugs, and I cannot wait to see where you will go from here!! And I know no matter where it is, with your hard work and determination, you will go far!

No comments:

Post a Comment