Thursday, January 12, 2012

Investments

In the midst of my current, uninspiring drought of creativity...I have been encouraged. Several people have asked about this blog, and why there has been no post in over a month, and so I have turned my attention back to this outlet I love so much.

It is not that I have not been thinking about writing. In fact, if anyone could read my thoughts on a day in, day out, basis, they would find them playing out in a novel-like format. I think in "chapters", in "themes", in "beginnings and endings", and so on.

I write and re-write scenarios in my mind. I browse the dictionary for new and descriptive words...for fun. I love to write. And I have missed writing.

But, as previously stated, I have felt utterly uninspired. The holidays, while fun and adventurous, were slightly exhausting (note: 36 hour layover followed by a 13 hour drive), and I have been left feeling weary.

But, as the season for goals, aspirations, and resolutions has arrived, I have succumb to the "trap" of making a resolution, and intend to stick to it.

My resolution?

To make larger, more meaningful investments.

I want to invest in to fewer relationships (not spreading myself so thin), and to really take the time to know and care for the people in my life.

I want to intellectually invest in reading more, challenging my mind...and have addtionally taken on the goal of reading the New Testament alongside my husband this year.

I want to invest in my career, and go the extra mile on a daily basis.

I want to invest time in the kitchen, and challenge myself to make new recipes on a weekly basis.

I am sure these investments will adapt and change over time, but my goal will (hopefully) remain the same. I want to spend more time on the people in my life, the passions that I have, the faith that I know, and the self-improvements (i.e. cooking) that I need to make.

Along with these investments, I want to keep up with this blog. I love the way it acts as a time capsule--I can clearly see the way my outlook changes as I chronicle little tidbits from day to day. So thank you to those of you who have encouraged me to keep writing. And best wishes to you, in 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment