Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday Blizzard

Today is my birthday. And I choose to believe that this blizzard in Dallas is a birthday present just for me. I was born in a blizzard just like this, 23 years ago.

I have so much to be thankful for, and if the last 23 years have taught me anything, its that I should never take anything, or anyone for granted.

So I am going to embrace my snowy surroundings and count my blessings.

I'm thankful for the snow, and the quiet wistfulness that it brings.

I am thankful for the laughter and love that fill my life, and every day.

I am thankful for my new job, and the challenge that it will bring.

I am so thankful for all my amazing friends who have sent sweet messages to me on Facebook, are celebrating with me tonight, and who love and support me the whole year through.

I am thankful for my puppy's warm and slobbery morning kisses and for the fact that he always wants to snuggle with me.

I am thankful for my new guitar, and the many hours of enjoyment and frustration that lay ahead as I learn to play.

I am so thankful for heat, warm blankets and my Michigan State winter gear to keep me warm ( GO Green!).

I am thankful for a fun-filled SuperBowl weekend with all of my favorite people.

I am SO thankful for my family's flooding of my voicemail box and how everyone has told and shown me how much they love me today, and everyday.

I'm thankful for my new family, who mainly live in Michigan, that I am so excited to officially join in July.

I am so thankful for Mike and Meredith and how much they support me and love me, and for Dan and Tylie- how they are always so generous and kind.

I am thankful for my sister, my better half, and how, without her, I would not be who I am today. She teaches me so much about life and love...and fashion :)

I am so thankful for my Daddy-o who has been counting down my birthday for weeks, and who I have loved and adored and admired for the last 23 years.

I am so thankful for my Mom, who is my role model, and the best, most gracious, beautiful  and kind woman I know.

But mostly, today, I am thankful for Brian. My fiance, my love, my friend. He is everything to me and I cannot wait to become his wife.

So thank you, everyone, for the birthday well wishes and notes. I feel so loved, so blessed, and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment