Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sometimes I'm kicked, Sometimes I'm kissed.

As per my Sunday night ritual, I have been folding laundry, doing dishes, vacuuming(much to Frog-Dog's enjoyment!), and basically catching up on "yucky" chores that tend to fall by the wayside during busy weeks. In the midst of all this, ahem, fun, I ran smack-dab into my footboard on my bed. My shin is throbbing! And there is little I can do for the pain besides breath and tell myself it will subside momentarily.

Earlier today I took a nice, long walk with Brian and Froggie all around the Turtle Creek area in Dallas (which, if you're not from the area, is a beautiful stream surrounded by trees and parks in the midst of Uptown Dallas), and we enjoyed the pleasant temperature and light breeze that held promises of an imminent Spring. As I felt the wind gently brush my face, I was happily hoping the moment would last, that time would pause in its tracks.

These are two very opposite incidences that evoked two very different emotions. But I think that this is symbolic of my life. Sometimes I'll feel like I've been kicked in the shin, while others I'll feel as though I've been brushed with a kiss on the face. The key is to know that this too shall pass and no matter how much I may wish one moment away and another one to stay, time is an non-nogotiable entity, and every moment is brief, along with its painful realities or sweet surprises.

I hope your week is full of gentle breezes...but if you happen to get a few kicks in the shin, just know that I've got a bruise on mine to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment