Saturday, February 19, 2011

Inspired.

This was a scary week for me. Not because I am afraid of hard work or new challenges, but because I was afraid of being uninspired.


I'm a creative person by nature (though my artistic skills would attest to the exact opposite) and love living my life with a certain flair. Whether through fashion, decoration, organization, hobbies (including playing my guitar, writing, dancing, etc.), or hanging out with my family and friends, I like to approach my life and my days with a creativity that excites and invigorates me.

But this week my life in a cubicle commenced, and needless to say, I was less than thrilled. I envisioned myself staring at a computer screen day in and day out with zero interaction with the outside world. I was wrong.

I am not where I thought I would be, but I certainly am inspired. I am learning so much from those around me. My boss and co-workers are eager to help me learn the real estate market, and to learn what it takes to succeed in this industry. I am continually challenged by new projects and situations and have learned that inspiration can come from a multitude of places.

I'm inspired to do well, to make the best of my situation, and to take my cubicle from drab to fab one decoration at a time. I'm inspired to find my niche in the hectic whirlwind around me daily, and to not only do my job, but to excel at it. And I am inspired to take my free time, especially on the weekends, and use to spend time with those that I love doing what I love.

So here's to finding inspiration in the oddest of places,
to taking each day, never for granted.
To laughing off stressful situations,
and to never losing yourself in what you do,
but rather using what you do to make a better version of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment