Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Cup of Christmas Cheer

On my way in to work this morning I saw a man crossing the street holding a Starbucks four-cup carrier.....best part? They were the Starbucks CHRISTMAS CUPS!!

It was a blustery morning but something about those cheerful red cups with snowflake decor made my day a little warmer from the inside out. I know its a little early to be thinking about Christmas...Thanksgiving has yet to come...but I do love this time of year. Everyone has an energetic bounce to their step, a coy smile of a Christmas shopper on their lips, and a warm-hearted greeting on their tongue.

Forget the big, overdone, materialistic Christmas messages of TV commercials. What I love? The five senses of the holiday season.

Smelling my mom's pumpkin bread and Christmas cookies hot out of the oven.
Tasting Christmas ale with my fiance, or catching snowflakes on my tongue.
Feeling the wind whip my cheeks to a bright, cheerful pink, or the big hugs of welcome and love I get and give at family gatherings.
Hearing the oh-so-familiar holiday tunes that bring back years of childhood memories made and laughter relived.
Touching the hearts of the needy through giving of myself, my time, and my money to those less fortunate.

Yes, I was excited to see the Christmas cups....and all that they bring.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you! I am forcing myself to wait until after Saffryn's birthday before I can decorate for Christmas!!! I LOVE the holidays and can't wait to spend it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will feel less compassionate about this time of year after you have a Cleveland winter... just wait... you'll hate snow and everything that has to go with it very very soon. but i love your 5 senses of Christmas. we need to get together asap!

    ReplyDelete