Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Puppy Love

Oh how I adore my puppy! He is so sweet and no matter what, always has a slobbery kiss waiting for me.

Their is something so endearing about the innocence and devotion of a dog, and as ridiculous as it may sound, I learn a lot from my sweet Froggie.




Froggie never worries, he just lets life float by, barely lifting his eyelids at the comings and goings of those around him.
Froggie never whines, he just patiently waits for me to see his point of view( and generally the only thing he has a point of view about is going outside to use the bathroom).
Froggie takes joy out of the simplest pleasures in life ( as I have written this, and countless emails in the last hour, his sole focus has been his yellow squeaky ball).
Froggie only knows love. He loves the people in the elevator, the construction workers outside the apt complex, and of course his mom and dad.

So maybe Froggie has the right idea. Maybe truly living is slowing down, enjoying the simplest of pleasures, and truly loving those around you. Not a bad sounding plan to me....and the first thing I'm going to enjoy is my little puppy.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sound ridiculous to me...you can learn a lot from dogs!!! They are amazing, loyal and super loving just like you said. Crashy says, "hi my cousin...can't wait to meet you!!!"

    ReplyDelete