Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Morning Blues

There is no doubt about it. Monday morning blues are as inevitable as the alarm clock ringing in your ear. At least four conversations I had at work today started with "Well its Monday again..." and everyone seems to want to tack on three more days to the cruelly short weekend.

I once heard that the only sure things in life are death and taxes. Guess I can add Mondays to that list.

But at the same time, Mondays are a fresh start. A new week with no mistakes made yet. Another chance to better myself professionally...and more importantly personally. Mondays are a gift. Maybe they are just wrapped in unattractive packaging at times.

Nevertheless, time is of the essence and if I spend my whole week wishing for Friday, I will end up only enjoying 2 days a week. My life is too short for that. I've decided to "unwrap" Mondays with renewed energy and positivity....because, after all, its a long week ahead before it gets to be Monday again!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Becca. That is what I love about you. You are not the least bit jaded.

    ReplyDelete