Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying...

...Planning and dreaming and waiting....for what?

I find myself in a constant state of waiting. For a job, for my wedding, for the weekend, for a trip...sometimes, scarily enough, its seems as though I'm waiting for life.

Not anymore. Because life is happening right now. Right as I'm sitting here with my puppy, watching the news and sipping my coffee. What more could I ask for? I want to embrace it. Every moment.

I'm a dreamer, always have been, but I think sometimes my big dreams inhibit me from living in reality. I want to be present for my life as it is happening, that way when the moments I'm counting down to finally come, I can appreciate them for what they are, and for what it took to get to them.

"You never see the hard days in a photo album, but those are the ones that get you from one happy snapshot to the next."

No comments:

Post a Comment