Monday, September 26, 2011

The Summer of Party Rock


This weekend marked the end of Summer 2011…and while the Texas heat is bound to last at least another month or two,  I kiss tan lines and flip flops goodbye and reminisce over the last few months. They have been some of the best in my life.

This summer has been full of celebrations, and how fitting it is that the Billboard song of the summer was “Party Rock Anthem”?! Every time I hear that song I think of my husband “shufflin” on the dance floor. And I have to smile. It’s a great song. It is happy, light-hearted, and fun—completely descriptive of a summer that was much the same. I am so thankful for all that I have had to celebrate, and for all of my amazing family and friends that have helped me do so.

This summer season, for me, started with a brand new nephew born on May 7th. Pierce James Mahoney has already become such a sweet and delightful member of our ever-growing family. I’m in love.

A beautiful bridal shower in Michigan, a brand new (and first!) home in Dallas, and two graduations (Congratulations, again, Mike and Abbie!!), topped off an unforgettable May.

June started off with a birthday celebration for Brian, and then an unbelievably fun weekend in Vegas with my girls! We literally danced all night. And every club played the theme song of the summer—“Party Rock Anthem”.

A surprise birthday celebration for my mom(planned by my wonderful Dad) and last minute wedding plans made June hectic and so, so fun.

July started off with my fiancé having the flu…and simultaneously getting married. July 2, 2011 was one of the best days of my life. Everyone I love so dearly was in one place and I got to marry the man of my dreams. And it’s only getting better. Our honeymoon in St. Lucia was idyllic and I couldn’t imagine a more beautiful and romantic setting to start our marriage.

July ended with Brian and I settling in to married life in our new home, and relaxing after being crazy busy with the wedding.

August began with yet another celebration; Marmie and Ryan’s wedding. It was so fun to be able to celebrate with our friends! August also found me changing jobs, and beginning a whole new chapter in my career.

September brought Kris and Lindsey’s wedding in beautiful Colorado, and an absolutely amazing time for Brian and I to enjoy the mountains in the summer with family and friends. Finally, this last weekend we headed to Arizona to say goodbye to summer with my in-laws and the Jakubuses as we laid by the pool. A perfect end to such a memorable summer.

This summer has been full of celebrations and, yes, party rockin’. As I look back on it, I realize how blessed I am to be surrounded by family and friends who I can share some of the best moments in my life with and, conversely, share in theirs. 

So here’s to a fabulous fall, and many more celebrations to come! 

Everyday I’m shufflin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment