Friday, March 11, 2011

Cute of Crafty?




He may seem cute and innocent, but this little guy is t.r.o.u.b.l.e.....well, at least to your sleeping patterns. 

Here is my saga of the last two hours:


I have caved recently (much to my own disbelief) and let Frog sleep in bed with me. BIG mistake. This morning he woke me at 3:30 because he was snoring so much and so loud. I quickly proceeded to wake him up and shove him off the bed. He gave me the most heart-breaking "why me?" look, but I was so annoyed I just rolled over and ignored him. He whined for a minute and then trotted off to the kitchen (I can always hear the light patting of his paws on the wood floor). At this point-whether to punish me or for pure fun, I'm unsure- he began to play with his loudest squeaking toy(ironically, it's a frog). He was throwing it around and squeaking it for a good 20 minutes until I went out, took it away, and went back to bed. This time, he was even more heartbroken...but let the record show, no matter what I've ever taken away, he's never been mad at me, only sad. Which is probably worse.

He followed me back to the bedroom and started pawing at the bed, whining incessantly. I look at the clock, 4:15 am. Alright, one more chance in bed. He hopped up and, within a minute, was snoring obnoxiously all over again. Its really almost impressive...but the sentiment of annoyance won out once again. Pushed him off, he whined so much I couldn't sleep, so I took him out of the room and shut the door. He did not take the hint to stop whining, only to increase in volume and pitch. Perfect.

By this point its close to 5am and I sit up in utter defeat. Froggie has won this battle. As he sits beside me now, perfectly content and happy and not snoring, I can't help but think that this was all a game to him. Maybe its the sleep deprivation talking, but I think Froggie is a lot craftier than I give him credit for. I think I'm going to have to step up my game next time.


cute or crafty?



1 comment:

  1. Well considering I am not the one who had a sleepless night because of him I say CUTE!!! But they are very crafty and the whining which is heartbreaking at first gets VERY annoying..I too have a whiner of a dog and can completely relate! Sorry about the no sleep...hope tonight goes more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete