Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What are Sisters For?

To hold your hand, to dry your eyes…
To talk with you all through the night.
To laugh and sing and play make believe,
And to hold all the secrets that you keep.

To watch you grow and see you change,
To help you through those years of pain.
To fight with you and steal your clothes…
Though all the while you still know
A sister is a treasure to hold,
That is worth way more than all you own.

I have one of these, and hold her dear,
She is my best friend, has been for years.
She makes me strong, and never gives up on me,
Never loses hope that I will succeed.

Though she is younger, I hope she is aware,
There is no one else in this world with whom I can share
My secrets, my fears, my hopes and my dreams
Who will keep them close, until they are a reality.

You are beautiful and wise and now you are twenty two.
I look back and thank God for the blessing that is you.
That day long ago you came into my world,
Never did I know what was in store for us girls.

Our days of sharing a room, and mischief too,
From playing with dolls to driving off to school.
We lived and we learned and all the while remained,
Best friends and sisters that took the world as it came.

Abbie you're all grown up and lovely as can be,
And though you are younger, I hope you see…
I look up to you and am so proud to say
That you are my sister, my friend, no matter what comes our way.

You are beautiful, it's true, inside and out,
And you will achieve your dreams, I have no doubt.
I am always here for you to give you all I have and more…
After all, what are sisters for?

No comments:

Post a Comment